• 0:18 Intro • 1:04 Who is Tom Regan • 1:33 Brief clip of Regan making a case for animal rights • 2:25 Key components of a rights-based (RB) position • 3:32 Necessary concepts to understand a RB position • 5:06 Should we focus on specific rights? • 8:11 Does it limit us to talk about 'treatment' in the age of neo-welfarism? • 9:04 What to expect from The Animal Rights Show • 10:59 Bloopers (A lot of them 😉) Other Resources: • 3:32 Difference between moral/legal and positive/negative rights (Starts at 8:19) https://youtu.be/iVdTSSiAwCM?t=499
In this first ever Animal Rights with Jeremy and Roger Show, we explore the corona pandemic through the lens of animal advocacy.
• 1:36 Is self-isolating similar to living vegan?
• 4:31 How we can help the vulnerable and evolve our animal advocacy through corona
• 9:06 What to expect from the Animal Rights Show
• 11:26 Should vegans talk about the connection between corona and animal use?
• 13:11 Link to Jake Conroy's (Cranky Vegan's) video that was mentioned: 3MT: Joey Carbstrong + Paul Bashir, Coronavirus + Activism: https://youtu.be/3K7CORJWHEU
[We are working on the quality issues - especially on my (Roger's) side!]
Dr. Roger Yates is a rights advocate and sociologist